Working & Investing
Office Market & Parking
Nearly 39% of the office space in the region is located Downtown. Great restaurants, office supply stores and other services help to support a daytime population of over 30,000. And at an average rental rate of more than a dollar less per square foot, you get more for your money Downtown than anywhere else in the metro area.
METRO-JACKSON OFFICE MARKET STATISTICS
- Size in Square Feet: 7,530,790
- Average Rental Rate: $17.92
- Occupancy Rate: 79%
DOWNTOWN JACKSON OFFICE MARKET STATISTICS
- Size in Square Feet: 2,899,534
- Average Rental Rate: $16.44
- Occupancy Rate: 67%
Plentiful, convenient, affordable—those are the words that describe parking in Downtown.
- 10,000: the number of places to park, between street parking, lots, and garages, in Downtown
- 50 cents: the cost per hour of metered parking in Downtown, lower than in comparable cities
- 36 cents: the average cost per hour of contract parking in Downtown, much lower than in comparable cities
Statistic derived from CBRE Jackson 2015.